Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Banana Muffins

 
These guys are my newest obsession. I've been searching for just the right peanut butter muffin, and I've finally perfected it!  In the last two weeks I think I've made them four times. And swiftly devoured them. They are the perfect muffin texture, slightly dense, yet fluffy. The peanut butter flavor is lightened by the banana and honey, so it's sweet and not too heavy. And cream cheese? Please. Always. I also like that it's packed with wholesome whole grains, honey, and lots of protein. Enjoy! I know I will...
 
 
 
 
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Banana Muffins
 
¼ cup butter, melted
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
½ cup honey
½ cup natural peanut butter
2 large eggs
1 cup mashed banana (about 3 bananas)
¼ cup plain yogurt or sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
1 ¾ cup white whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp baking soda
4 oz cream cheese, softened
Blend butter, oil, honey, peanut butter, eggs, banana, sour cream, and vanilla until smooth. Add dry ingredients and stir until just mixed. Add softened cream cheese and stir only slightly, so there are lumps and swirls of cream cheese throughout. Spoon into muffin cups (makes about 16.)
Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment